BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND ADVISORY PANEL
Guru Revathi Satyu Guru Ranjani Ganesan Ramesh
Revathy Alwar Gauri Gohokar Salve Bridget Shakti Yogini Walker
President Treasurer Advisory Panel
Soorya Foundation for performing arts was founded in the year 2018 under the able leadership of Guru Sushma Mohan- classical dancer, musician, choreographer and yoga practitioner. Soorya Foundation supports the activities of Soorya Arts Academy (Started in 2012 in LA) and presents the works of its artistic director Sushma Mohan.
1. LOS ANGELES Indian Dance festival and YOUTH FEST – An Annual dance and music fest featuring professional dancers and young dancers. Soorya Dance Company of LA, Soorya performing arts of St. Louis were featured in the previous festivals. LA Indian dance festivals have been curated in 2016 (w/o non-profit status), 2018, 2019 and 2020
2. DANCE, MUSIC AND ALLIED ARTS workshops: Soorya Foundation has invited renowned and senior Gurus, PULIKESHI KASTURI, ANURADHA VIKRANTH, SRIPRASANNA, RAMAA VENUGOPALAN, NAMITA BODAJI and PRASANNA KASTHURI to conduct workshops in dance, music, and percussions.
3. KALPITA MAHOTSAVA A virtual dance festival featuring 14 young dancers from 7 states in Aug 20
4. INDIAN DANCE FESTIVAL OF NORTH GEORGIA: (Previously FORSYTH INDIAN DANCE FESTIVAL) Started in 2020, An annual dance and music festival in Forsyth GA that features performances from the neighborhood of Forsyth. Supported by the North Georgia Community foundation/Forsyth County Arts Alliance GA.
5. ANNUAL SHIVARATHRI, NAVARATHRI, MARGALI, AND RAMA NAVAMI FESTIVALS
PERFORMERS: SOORYA dancers have been invited to perform at National Asian Indian Dance Convention University of Texas-San Antonio, St. Louis Natya Festival-Curated by Missouri Arts Council, Thousand Oaks Arts Festival CA, LA, San Pedro dance festival-Curated by LA Choreographers and Dancers and supported by DCA and LA County Arts Commission, Thousand Oaks India festival-LA, 10 library performance for LAMADE 2018 by LA LIBRARIES, Asian Pacific American heritage month LA - Wilshire Branch library, Glendale Brand plaza summer concerts - LA. Guru Sushma has more than 2000 performances for the last two and a half decades in India and USA.
GRANTS, AWARDS: Soorya Foundation has been awarded grants by the California Arts Council, Georgia council for the arts, National Endowment for the arts, Los Angeles County department of arts and culture, Dept of Cultural affairs city of Los Angeles and North Georgia Community Foundation/Forsyth County arts alliance GA to foresee their projects. Guru Sushma Mohan received a grant by the Dept of Cultural affairs LA to present her dance production APAH – story of two rivers - River Ganga and LA River
PRODUCTIONS: SRICHAKRA -THE HOLY GEOMETRY, RUKMINI SANDESHAM - MESSAGE OF A PRINCESS, TIRUPPAVAI Muse of a cowherd saint and APAHA story of two rivers – River Ganga and LA River.
OUR SUPPORTERS AND SPONSORS